Friday, April 29, 2011

Nightly Garden Update

Well since it's about 11:30 pm this is gonna be a NIGHTLY Garden Update (see how that works) It was going to be a regular ol' Garden Update post but I was getting silly with the camera and long exposure pictures so I thought I'd post this photo and some notes about how the garden is doing.

In this picture you can see on the left starting in the foreground some Potato plants followed by the Corn, now reaching at least 5' high. Summer Squash is in the center foreground, followed by the Spinach and Beets plot. This past week I've been harvesting bagging and freezing Spinach (not to mention putting it on sandwiches) Beyond that plot you can catch a glimpse of Romaine (now starting to "bolt" meaning produce seeds) and in the background is the Carrots.
In the right foreground you can see some Tomato plants doing really well, followed by the Garlic plot. Next to the Garlic is a row of Cabbage and beyond the Garlic plot is the Onion plot. The Onions have recently started producing "seed heads." The seed heads get cut off so the plants put their production into the bulbs. Not pictured are the Bell Pepper and Asparagus plants which are doing great.
Ok that's about it, thanks for reading, check back soon for more posts!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful garden! WOW! I'm a wanna' be homesteading single-Mom currently living in Houston......saving money to get out of the gross city...grow what I can here...I will say I do have a bit of a green-thumb....will keep reading your blog.......... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, I'm glad to hear more people are working on gardening and are interested in homesteading. Hope you can get out of the city soon!

    ReplyDelete